Open Press has recently relocated to Sterling, CO!! Come out to the Open House, July 21st, 11-5 pm to celebrate and check out the new location.
2017 Open Press Workshops
Join us for our Saturday Series Workshops (Monotypes or Solar Plate). Email us to register firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monotype Workshop Schedule
1st Saturday of the month from 10-4:30. These workshops are not sequential.
Sat. Feb 3rd - Stencils
Sat. Mar. 3rd- Monotypes with Chine Colle
Sat. April 7th - Viscocity Roll
(Cost is $100 - Paper and ink provided)
Solar Plate Workshop
Sat. Jan 20th - Drawing on Frosted Glass
Sat. Feb. 17th - Photo Manipulation
Sat. Mar. 17th - Work directly on the plate
(Cost is $110 - Paper and ink provided)
*Each workshop begins with a demo and includes discussion of materials and techniques. Open Press provides ink, paper, mineral spirits, newsprint, paper towels and relevant tools.
Services & Facility
Open Press is equipped with everything the artist needs to create original fine art prints.
For over 20 years, owner Mark Lunning has worked with hundreds of artists from across the country. The 2,000 sq. ft. facility allows complete flexibility to produce original prints in various media, working on their own or with a master printer.
- Acid room
- 3 48x96 glass surface inking tables
- A 30x50 glass surface inking table
- 40x60 paper sink
- Two UV exposure units with timer
- Three 40x52 drying racks
- One 32x40 drying rack
- Light table
- Work tables
- Paper files
- Print files
- A variety of rollers from large to small
- Extensive inventory of inks, tools, plates & films
- Printing assistance from Master Printer Mark A. Lunning
- Edition production
- Book & portfolio binding
- Silk Screen & Solar Plate preparation
- Special order: inks, paper, plates, screens & tools
- Assistance with special projects is available by request. Open Press is dedicated to helping artists create fine art prints. Open Press exists to help the artist realize their unique vision by any means possible. We regularly pull editions for artists and fees are negotiable.
Special services to suit individual client needs:
Open Press provides access to the facility by day rentals, or via memberships. Membership fees are $200 for 20 shop hours. Schedule time with Mark to reserve a press and a 4 x 8 foot table, basic supplies and tools. Bring your own paper, inks and plates.
Open Press is a studio facility that accommodates both professional and apprentice artists. The artist can utilize the facility with or without the assistance of master printer Mark Lunning and his printmaking assistants if so desired. Open Press is capable of printing editions of etchings, photo etchings, wood cuts and silk screens.
- Full day of studio time w/master printer Mark Lunning - $350 (base price depending on supplies needed)
- Half day of studio time w/master printer Mark Lunning - $60/hour (3 hour min)
- Full day without assistance - $150
- Half day without assistance - $100
Various artwork from clients, my current work, as well artwork that will be showcased at Open Press.
Mark A. Lunning Artwork
I invite you to visit www.MarkLunning.com where I will showcase my artwork, as well as events, exhibits and galleries I am in. The print shown is titled "Fragments of Entropy" (Image size 18" x 24"; Etching with chine colle and watercolor).
Sculpture & Artwork
Recent photos of my sculptural work along with prints.