Services & Facility
Open Press is equipped with everything the artist needs to create original fine art prints.
For over 20 years, owner Mark Lunning has worked with hundreds of artists from across the country. The 2,000 sq. ft. facility allows complete flexibility to produce original prints in various media, working on their own or with a master printer.
Open Press is equipped with:
- Intaglio: Etching, dry point, acid etch, aquatint, mezzotint, engraving, collagraph, and solarplate
- Relief Printing: Woodcut & Linoleum Cut
- Lithography: Planographic
- Monoprint: Artist chooses to print the image differently each time rather than produce an edition of identical prints
- Monotype: Ink transferred to paper with no matrix involved
- Silkscreen & Serigraphy: Stencil process-various types
- Acid room
- 3 48x96 glass surface inking tables
- A 30x50 glass surface inking table
- 40x60 paper sink
- Two UV exposure units with timer
- Three 40x52 drying racks
- One 32x40 drying rack
- Light table
- Work tables
- Paper files
- Print files
- A variety of rollers from large to small
- Extensive inventory of inks, tools, plates & films
Special services to suit individual client needs:
- Printing assistance from Master Printer Mark A. Lunning
- Edition production
- Book & portfolio binding
- Silk Screen & Solar Plate preparation
- Special order: inks, paper, plates, screens & tools
- Assistance with special projects is available by request. Open Press is dedicated to helping artists create fine art prints. Open Press exists to help the artist realize their unique vision by any means possible. We regularly pull editions for artists and fees are negotiable.
Open Press provides access to the facility by day rentals, or via memberships. Membership fees are $200 for 20 shop hours. Schedule time with Mark to reserve a press and a 4 x 8 foot table, basic supplies and tools. Bring your own paper, inks and plates.
Open Press is a studio facility that accommodates both professional and apprentice artists. The artist can utilize the facility with or without the assistance of master printer Mark Lunning and his printmaking assistants if so desired. Open Press is capable of printing editions of etchings, photo etchings, wood cuts and silk screens.
- Full day of studio time w/master printer Mark Lunning - $350 (base price depending on supplies needed)
- Half day of studio time w/master printer Mark Lunning - $60/hour (3 hour min)
- Full day without assistance - $150
- Half day without assistance - $100
A full day is eight hours, beginning and ending at the artist's request. If the artist chooses to continue to print at the end of the session, they will be charged accordingly. Artists can also arrange to have assistance for special projects with Mark Lunning's printmaking assistants. Fees are negotiable.